OUTDOOR DINING & SHOPPING
When? Thursday, June 25th through Monday, September 7th
Participating Restaurant & Retail Hours
Thurs. & Fri. 6:30pm-10pm Saturdays 10am-10pm Sundays 10am-5pm
Where? Temporary Vehicle Road Closure FRONT STREET between CHESTNUT to DOCK and the 100 block of PRINCESS STREET
Through this Covid-19 re-opening to help our downtown businesses economically recover, the City of Wilmington in collaboration with the Downtown Business Alliance and Wilmington Downtown Inc. is launching the Downtown Alive event allowing restaurants to expand outdoor seating to safely serve customers (in accordance with the CDC’s social distancing guidelines) and allowing you to enjoy your favorite restaurants responsibly too. Retailers may be joining in with expanded presence with their products. This program does not allow for social gatherings or loitering. Making a reservation with the participating restaurants is encouraged. Our small businesses are the backbone of our economy. Let’s do the right thing to help everyone enjoy the summer season safely and responsibly.
RESPONSIBLE GUEST CHECKLIST
- No Seat. No Service. All restaurant guests must be seated. If tables are filled, you must leave the establishment.
- You may not stand around with a drink. Inside or outside a restaurant.
- Restaurants may not exceed 50% allowable capacity inside. Percentage will follow the Governor’s executive order in place.
- Outdoor seating will be contained by each restaurant with clear boundaries and barriers. Seating will follow 6ft social distancing mandate.
- Walking with an alcohol drink or leaving your seat with alcohol in hand prohibited.
- Maintain a 6-foot distance from those not in your group whenever possible.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Wear a mask or facial covering when in public when safe social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Do not gather in groups of 25 or more and maintain social distancing.
- Move along. Lingering and loitering at the entrance of an establishment is prohibited.
- Make a reservation for dining where applicable.
Thank you for cooperating and supporting the downtown business community.
Cool Wilmington has been contracted for on-site management during street closures and a manager can be contacted at all times by calling 216-374-8884.